Create a page title for a site
A "site" is any locale, that is not defined by political boundries such as a city or neighborhood, it may contain one or many sites or buildings. Examples of a site may be a farmstead, mine, graveyard, historic district, battle field etc...
This is, of course subjective and can have gray areas.
Please check to make sure that the site is not already entered.
Ready? Go ahead and create your page title or read instructions below
How you title your page it VERY important!
The title of your page will become the name/URL of the page. Correctly titling the page will save work later having to rename/move and relink to the page.
Please follow this example and guidelines:
Birch Cooley Battlefield Historic Site, Birch Cooley, Minnesota
Oak Hill Cemetery, 5901 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- If the site has a name, start with that otherwise start with the address (if the site has one)
- Add the city or location, then the state or province (do not add country in the title)
- No abbreviations. Spell out everything. (Saint, Street, Minnesota etc...)
- Don't forget commas ","
- Use the numeric version of the street name rather than the spelled out version Ex: Use 382 42nd Street, rather than 382 Forty-second Street
- If the site was redeveloped or destroyed add the dates if known using the following format:
Maple Hill Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota (1857-1890)
or if date is not known:
Maple Hill Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota (superseded)